Monday, March 23, 2009

Five Days to Go...

Today, I placed a shoe on my left foot for the first time in over two months and walked without the assistance of a cast, crutches, or my “Darth boot.” The doctor was pleased with my progress. My only remaining restrictions were on (not) running or jumping.

The doctor then asked if I’d be back to Minnesota soon.

Me: Oh, I’ve already been back.

Doctor: Is it still snowy and icy?

Me: Uh, yeah, it’s Minnesota.

Doctor: Well, wear the boot up there.

Me: Shouldn’t be a problem -- we leave for our Mediterranean cruise on Saturday.

Doctor (turning to Resident Doctor): Man, he’s got a tough life.

Me: Yeah, that’s why I ended up getting a Ph.D. and not an M.D.

Doctor: Well, you won’t need the boot on the cruise.

Me: Right. I thought not.

No comments:

Post a Comment